Sunday, August 23, 2009

CHPP One Year Bible Readings August 23 - August 29

One Year Bible Readings
August 23rd - August 29th

August 23 Job 8:1-11:20: “Bildad: Job Should Repent,” “Job: There Is No Mediator,” “Job: I Would Plead with God,” and “Zophar Urges Job to Repent.” “You have granted me life and favor, and Your care has preserved my spirit.” (Job 10: 12 NKJV)

1 Corinthians 15:1-28: “The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality,””The Risen Christ, Our Hope,” and “The Last Enemy Destroyed.” “Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.” (1 Corinthians 15:24-26 NKJV)

Psalm 38:1-22: “Prayer in Time of Chastening.” “O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your wrath, nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure!” (Psalm 38: 1 NKJV)

Proverbs 21:28-29: “Wise Sayings of Solomon.” “A wicked man hardens his face, but as for the upright, he establishes his way.” (Proverbs 21: 29 NKJV)


August 24 Job 12:1-15:35: “Job Answers His Critics,” “Job’s Despondent Prayer,” and “Eliphaz Accuses Job of Folly.” “With Him are wisdom and strength, He has counsel and understanding.” (Job 12: 13 NKJV)

1 Corinthians 15:29-58: “The Last Enemy Destroyed,””Effects of Denying the Resurrection,” “A Glorious Body,” and “Our Final Victory.” “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.” (1 Corinthians 15: 58 NKJV)

Psalm 39:1-13: “Prayer for Wisdom and Forgiveness.” “I said, ‘I will guard my ways, lest I sin with my tongue; I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle, while the wicked are before me.’” (Psalm 39: 1 NKJV)

Proverbs 21:30-31: “Wise Sayings of Solomon.” “The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance is of the Lord.” (Proverbs 21: 31 NKJV)


August 25 Job 16:1-19:29: “Job Reproaches His Pitiless Friends,” “Job Prays for Relief,” “Bildad: The Wicked Are Punished,” and “Job Trusts in His Redeemer.” “For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth.” (Job 19: 25 NKJV)
1 Corinthians 16:1-24: “Collection for the Saints,” “Personal Plans,” “Final Exhortations,” and “Greetings and a Solemn Farewell.” “Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.” (1 Corinthians 16: 13 NKJV)

Psalm 40:1-10: “Faith Persevering in Trial.”

Proverbs 22:1: “Wise Sayings of Solomon.” “A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, loving favor rather than silver and gold.” (Proverbs 22:1 NKJV)


August 26 Job 20:1-22:30: “Zophar’s Sermon on the Wicked Man,” “Job’s Discourse on the Wicked,” and “Eliphaz Accuses Job of Wickedness.”

2 Corinthians 1:1-11: “Greeting,” “Comfort in Suffering,” and “Delivered from Suffering.”

Psalm 40:11-17: “Faith Persevering in Trial.” “But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God.” (Psalm 40: 17 NKJV)

Proverbs 22:2-4: “Wise Sayings of Solomon.”


August 27 Job 23:1-27:23: “Job Proclaims God’s Righteous Judgments,” “Job Complains of Violence on the Earth,” “Bildad: How Can Man Be Righteous?” “Job: Man’s Frailty and God’s Majesty,” and “Job Maintains His Integrity.” “They are exalted for a little while, then they are gone. They are brought low; they are taken out of the way like all others; they dry out like the heads of grain.” (Job 24: 24 NKJV)

2 Corinthians 1:12-2:11: “Paul’s Sincerity,” “Sparing the Church,” and “Forgive the Offender.” “Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ.” (2 Corinthians 2: 10 NKJV)

Psalm 41:1-13: “The Blessing and Suffering of the Godly.” “The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, and he will be blessed on the earth; You will not deliver him to the will of his enemies.” (Psalm 41:2 NKJV)

Proverbs 22:5-6: “Wise Sayings of Solomon.” “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22: 6 NKJV)


August 28 Job 28:1-30:31: “Job’s Discourse on Wisdom,” and “Job’s Summary Defense.” “And to the man He said, ‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding.’” (Job 28:28 NKJV)

2 Corinthians 2:12-17: “Triumph in Christ.”

Psalm 42:1-11: “Yearning for God in the Midst of Distresses." “As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God.” (Psalm 42: 1 NKJV)

Proverbs 22:7: “Wise Sayings of Solomon.”


August 29 Job 31:1-33:33: “Job’s Summary Defense,” “Elihu Contradicts Job’s Friends,” and “Elihu Contradicts Job.”

2 Corinthians 3:1-18: “Christ’s Epistle,” “The Spirit, Not the Letter,” and “Glory of the New Covenant.” “But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.” (2 Corinthians 3: 14-16 NKJV)

Psalm 43:1-5: “Prayer to God in Time of Trouble.” “Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.” (Psalm 43: 5 NKJV)

Proverbs 22:8-9: “Wise Sayings of Solomon.” “He who has a generous eye will be blessed, for he gives of his bread to the poor.” (Proverbs 22:9 NKJV)